Tuesday, May 1, 2012

No comments:
 
One of my activities this summer is to make Friendship Bracelets. I remember in my elementary days I used to make bracelets but instead of using Thread or Embroidery Floss I use yarn of different colors and I usually give them to my friends. (hence the statement "Friendship Bracelet)

In High School a friend taught me how to make bracelets using embroidery floss about 11 years ago lol and now friendship bracelets are having their come back :) I thought I knew how to make them properly but after further research my method was so wrong.

I browsed you tube for tutorials. I also discovered a book for Friendship Bracelet Making will share this later. I didn't have any finished piece. I usually get bored and give up after a few knots.

Luckily with the book I got inspired to make them again and for the very first time I have finished one bracelet yey!




Processing my Rainbow Colored Moving Zigzag. I know I still need more practice lol :)


This is the book I was talking about. It has 30 fun creative patterns inside :)) It has 3 levels Beginner, Intermediate and advanced. It also has some other projects inside. I really got confused I was  literally a Beginner lol. So I decided to skip the book first since I don't have much embroidery floss available and go to you tube haha! But the book was very helpful too I just need to buy enough floss to make many bracelets 

My very first finished friendship bracelet in multi colored embroidery floss! I know I need more practice though but still you could see the improvement from each zigzag to the last. The first one Sucks! haha


What it looks like when worn. Yey :) I needed to iron it first so that the bracelet will not twist. 


 ABOUT FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS 
Over the decades, friendship bracelets have adorned the wrists of young girls everywhere. Requiring oodles of patience to create the succession of knots, the bracelets are believed to signify what keeps friendship strong.

These bracelets are said to have originated from the knot and woven handicrafts of the Native Indians in South and Central America.

The craft has slowly evolved with each reappearance through the decades. Some bracelets have incorporated the use of beads and charms. Others have used the same art form to create more than just bracelets.

According to tradition, tying a friendship bracelet around the wrist of a friend, entitles the recipient to a wish. Worn and never removed, the wish is believed to come true when the bracelet falls off by itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff